The Wind Farm Community Funds were established by ESB and joint venture partners Galetech Energy, Greencoat and Enercon with the intention of helping the communities neighbouring our wind farms to become more sustainable through the support of positive local initiatives and activities.
The funds seeks to address current and emerging issues, needs and opportunities within communities, enriching lives and creating brighter possibilities for local residents.
SECAD Partnership CLG administers these 16 Irish community funds which surround thirteen wind farms owned by ESB subsidiary companies, and three other wind farms such companies co-own with Galetech Energy, Greencoat and Enercon.
- Complete the application form.
- Follow the guidelines, and fill in all sections of the application form with relevant information.
- Provide supporting information as applicable.
- Submit the application form, and supporting information to the GMO.
- Purchase of goods, services and equipment only
- Maximum contract value €6,000
- Education and skills
- Health, safety and well-being
- Environment and habitat conservation
- Energy efficiency and sustainability
- Culture and heritage
- Recreation, sport and social inclusion
- A copy of your organisation’s bank, credit union or post office account statement
- Quotations are required to verify the value of each item you wish to purchase, as follows:
- Up to €5,000.00 – 1 quote.
- Over €5,000.00 – 3 quotes.
- For works relating to renovation/construction/refurbishment:
- Permission to proceed from land owner.
- Planning permission, or a letter of exemption from the relevant Local Authority.
- For expenditure in excess of €10,000.00 tax clearance must be available for both the applicant and service provider.
- Registered charities.
- Community development groups.
- Tidy town committees.
- Sports, and recreation clubs.
- Primary, and secondary schools.