We fund projects / activities which clearly benefit at least one of the following categories:
- Sports and Recreation
- Health and Well-being
- Environment and Conservation
- Culture and Heritage
- Children and Young People
- Older People
- Tourism *
*All project categories denoted with an asterisk, will only be considered for funding from the Raheenleagh Community fund.
We cannot fund projects / activities, if one or more of the following apply:
- Projects operated by individuals/private sector or for-profit organisations.
- Projects which primarily benefit organisations that apply restrictive ‘members only’ conditions to access.
- Projects where work has commenced prior to application, however separate stage of a project can apply.
- Projects which directly replace statutory activities/funding.
- Projects which provide unnecessary duplicate activities/services/infrastructure within the community.
- Projects which do not directly benefit the local community, and are not deemed as ‘not-for- profit.’
- Projects where duplicate funding from other sources exists, however match funding is welcomed.
- Projects which conflict with or adversely affect the aim, objectives or policy of ESB or any other associated companies.
- Projects which directly promote or advance:
- any particular religion or faith
- any particular political party.
- any type of hunting or shooting.
- Projects which seek to purchase/cover the cost of the following:
- Recoverable VAT costs.